When considering a pet for adoption, Philadelphia’s ACCT Philly shelter is a great place to start. Every year, more than 30,000 cats and dogs come through the shelter’s doors. Dogs and cats of all ages, sizes, and breeds-yes, even purebreds-fill the kennels by the hundreds every day of the week. There is sure to be a loving animal at ACCT that would make a great addition to your home and/or family.
What are the benefits of adopting from ACCT and other animal shelters:
- You’ll save a life!
- Trained adoption counselors will meet with you and suggest available dogs and cats that match your lifestyle, living conditions and interests.
- Animals are vaccinated and spayed/neutered before you bring them home
- Behaviorists screen and test for temperament issues so you find the right pet for your home.
- 25% of shelter animals are purebreds
- You’ll help to combat pet overcrowding and puppy mills
Click HERE to see a list of available animals currently at the ACCT Philly shelter. Please remember it’s always best to stop by in person because the latest arrivals may not have been added to the online list.
Please check out and share the PHILLY URGENTS page on Facebook for animals available for adoption.
If none of the animals available at ACCT Philly are a perfect match for you, please do check out some of the other rescue groups in the area such as the PSPCA and Philly PAWS. There are many awesome groups who rescue large numbers of animals from ACCT so you’ll probably save another ACCT animal life by also adopting from local rescue groups.
The ACCT Philly Adoption Center is open weekdays from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM and weekends from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The shelter is located at 111 W. Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19140.