The CMO (Chief Meow Officer), Sylvester, the black cat, and his team of kitty product connoisseurs personally try the items to ensure their absolute purr-fection for kitties everywhere.
Philadoptables was busy with a multitude of things like:
– Purchasing much needed items for the shelter residents such as: cautery pens, cat traps, penicillin, wildlife gloves, eye ointment, heating pads, lots and lots of pate cat food, cat dens, 4 picnic tables, lots of KMR to feed the baby kitties, baby bottles, microchip scanners, clippers and blades for surgery, wood’s lamp, snuggle discs, Pedialite, puppy milk, Kongs, rolling shelves for the surgical suite, anesthesia machine, cool backdrops for indoor promotions photos, and 6 pulse oximeters.
– Filling the pet food pantry for Philly residents in need- by soliciting and transporting donations as well has holding a week long pet food drive
– Holding volunteer breakfasts
– Fundraising through retail sales, fun events, flapjack breakfast, and the Walk for a Dog app
– Promoting adoptions at the North East Hot Rod & Custom Car Show
– Throwing a Sneezy Cat Challenge to get sick cats into foster care
-Promoting adoptables on TV and radio
– Contributing to the Stella Fund which pays for urgently needed medical care
– Developing a bimonthly newsletter
-Throwing a Kitten Baby Show to get the babies into foster care
– Holding adoption events at off-site locations
– Producing a calendar as a fundraiser Hunks for Hounds 2015
– Updating our website to a responsive site– aka you can view it on your cell phone!
– Increased Philadoptables city-wide awareness by handling the American Flag in the July 4th parade and Clifford balloon in the Thanksgiving Day parade
Philadoptables is hosting an online Yankee Candle Fundraiser.
Start your Holiday shopping early all while helping raise money for Philly’s homeless dogs and cats!!! A percentage of all Yankee Candles purchased goes to Philadoptables so we can assist with buying needed medical supplies and items for ACCT!
The group number MUST be entered so that your purchase gets counted toward the fundraiser. GROUP NUMBER: 990066853
Unfortunately, city funding does not adequately staff Philadelphia’s animal control shelter to give the staggering number of animals in its care the proper love and attention they need. As a result, dogs lack walks and exercise, cats lack socialization and human interaction, adoptable animals are not posted on the internet in a timely manner, adoption events at off-site locations with shelter animals are understaffed, and much more. The volunteer opportunities at Philadelphia’s animal control shelter are practically endless and include hands-on activities with the animals and many non-animal contact activities that are equally vital in saving lives.
Volunteer opportunities at Philadelphia’s animal control shelter include:
- Cat Socialization
Provide exercise, play and hands-on activities for cats in the shelter.
- Dog Socialization
Provide exercise, play, leash manners and hands-on activities for dogs in the kennels. Without volunteers, dogs are not walked. Dogs in animal shelters are confined to cages. The isolation and restricted activity can cause health and behavior problems that affect the dogs’ quality of life and chances for adoption.
Bathe and groom dogs and cats to make them as attractive as possible for potential adopters.
- Off-site Adoption Events
Select animals, bathing them if necessary, and feature them at various mobile sites throughout the Delaware Valley
Office work for mailings; put together adoption and educational packets; photocopy; return phone calls; file; help with other office tasks as needed.
Provide temporary home care for shelter animals and litters who need a little extra time and attention.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
The shelter Philadoptables supports, ACCT Philly. has a vibrant volunteer program, with volunteers working with every single department within the shelter. They always need volunteers to assist in the following:
- Dog walking, socialization & enrichment
- Cat socialization & enrichment
- Bathers and groomers
- Foster care
- Pen Pals
- Adoption event support
- Animal profiles and photos
- Drivers for transport
- Office help – filing, follow up calls
- Clinic volunteer
To join the ACCT Philly Volunteer Team, download the application below and e-mail it to email@example.com. Volunteer Orientation are the first Saturday at 10 am, second Thursday at 6:30 pm, and third Sunday at 10 am of every month!
If you fill out an application and do not hear back or do not hear about orientations at the City shelter, please email Philadoptables
The ACCT shelter is located at:
111 W. Hunting Park Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19140
We are pleased to tell you about a new program that is being introduced in our area. Now you can Raise Money for Philadoptables simply by Walking Your Dog. Go to WoofTrax.com to learn more.
Taking your dog for a walk is now not only good for you and your dog, it raises money to support Philadoptables and the work we do for Animal Care and Control of Philadelphia. Take your Walk for a Dog is a revolutionary dog-powered fundraising program that uses a free mobile App to promote healthy pets and healthy humans.